[Snort-users] Customization of rules

Chip Kelly Chip.Kelly at ...4824...
Fri Feb 1 06:37:29 EST 2002

I'm just getting comfortable with the changes that I've made to the rules that are supplied with 1.8.3. Most of the changes are localized in local.rules, but I have also made changes to the way some of the other rules work in order to reduce false positives in my environment. My question - how do I preserve the customized rules in files other than local.rules when I update my rule sets either from an update to snort or simply an update to my rules files? I'm not looking forward to handling each customization individually. -chip