[Snort-users] Snort and acidcenter

Joseph Turley syprinth at ...131...
Tue Dec 31 14:30:02 EST 2002

I'm asking for a simple explaination of how this works
from someone who could answer this question quickly...

I have a home network connected through AT&T cable.
The cable modem goes to my hub, and thn off to 3
boxes.  The IP addresses on the boxes aren't on the
same network thanx to AT&T's idiotic lack of static IP
addresses.  Anyway...

My question is, if I set up an IDS box, do I have to
have the ACID agent and snort on every box?  Or do I
just have it on one box, and the nic goes into
promiscuous mode and catches everything that comes
through the hub?

--Joe