[Snort-users] Running Snort in Windows XP

George Sakatzoglou geosak1 at ...125...
Mon Dec 30 18:51:02 EST 2002

To whom it may concern,

I installed Snort in my PC which is not connected to any network other than
that of the Internet through a dial up connection.
In order to start it in sniffer mode I run cmd.exe and then I type snort -v.
In order to generate some traffic I type a web address in the explorer like
www.snort.org. What I see after that in the cmd window is a list of IP
headers ( I assume) but I do not get any page in the Internet Explorer. It
is like snort is successfully monitoring the packets but it does not let
them get to the Internet explorer so that I can see them.
What can I do so that I run SNort in sniffer mode AND I see the content of
the pages I enter to?

Yours sincerely,
George Sakatzoglou

MSN 8 limited-time offer: Join now and get 3 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_newmsn8ishere_3mf