[Snort-users] Proxy Scanner?

John McCain jmccain at ...7336...
Fri Dec 20 07:38:02 EST 2002

I've seen this quite a bit.  Exactly the same type of scan against
exactly the same target ports.  I believe that the use of port 0 as the
source port is an attempt to evade firewall rules which apply to ports
1-65535.  Are you able/willing to discuss the origin of these scans?  I
would, but I don't remember the exact addresses, and wouldn't want to
implicate the innocent.

I think we should go back through our logs and compare notes, however.