[Snort-users] Re: [prelude-user] prelude is not working on openbsd ??

Yoann Vandoorselaere yoann at ...7802...
Thu Dec 19 05:32:07 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 22:43, Thierry wrote:
> Dear sir,
> I know what is a NIDS, i am using snort for a long time...without any
> problem...but, with prelude, i do not know what's going wrong, prelude sniff,
> you are right, but where does he put the alert log, if that's not on
> /var/log/prelude.log or in database or in /var/log/message ??????
> I can't see any log alert, as i post in this list, you can see all of my log
> file, so tell me what's going wrong ?? is there any problem with me or
> openbsd ??

Alert should go in prelude.log file if the textmod plugin is loaded. But
make sure to generate some noise that will lead to Prelude NIDS to
generate theses alerts.

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere, http://www.prelude-ids.org

"Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and
 more idiot-proof software, and universe, which produces more and more
 remarkable idiots. Until now, universe leads the race"  -- R. Cook