[Snort-users] New Trend: Intrusion Prevention

Robby Desmond rdesmond at ...6547...
Tue Dec 17 07:42:56 EST 2002

At 12:30 PM 12/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>I attended Infosecurity 2002 yesterday and there was much talk about
>intrusion detection going away, and intrusion prevention replacing it. Does
>anyone know if there are any plans to include intrusion prevention
>functionality into Snort in the future?

SnortSam
Snort-inline
Hogwash
Flex-resp (as last-ditch effort)

But I think Hogwash and Inline are closer to the same thing as the
commercial "intrusion prevention" devices I've seen.

-Robby

Robert Desmond
Systems Administrator
UCSB Extended Learning Services