[Snort-users] thanks

S. Kaushik skaushik at ...7706...
Tue Dec 17 07:42:09 EST 2002

Dear friend,
             Thanks for your help. But I want to know about a few
other things regarding Snort.

Which includes:
Iam a new user to snort 1.9.0 (build 209). I have been  trying to
generarte alerts using the snort alert mechanism. I was though
successfull in achieving the other types of alerting mechanism  but
I could not achieve the same for Winpopup alert using the samba
server.

The details:
The samba server is running and Iam able to access the windows'
shares from
GNU/Linux and viceversa.

The command which I was trying was:

<snort -A fast -M dc -c etc/snort.conf>

where dc is the name of the windows machine, I also tried with
giving the IP address.

Another important thing is that the snort does not give any kind of
error, relating to the syntactical problems which I may I have
committed, so this possibility is also ruled out.

Please help me in this regard.

S. Kaushik
Network Engineer
Secure Network Solutions India Private Limited
18,5th Cross Street, Lake Area, Nungambakkam
Chennai - 600 034 Tamil Nadu INDIA
Phone +91 44 817 1642
Fax/Voicemail +91 44 817 1643
Web http://www.snsin.com
"Technically Perfect Practically Feasible Solutions"