[Snort-users] Re: Writing to DB (only!)

Eduard San Anselmo Mateu esananselmo at ...6002...
Tue Dec 17 02:06:04 EST 2002

Hi again,
I tried to put -l /dev/null, but I get the following message:

FATAL ERROR:  [!] ERROR: Can not get write access to logging directory
"/dev/null". (directory doesn't exist or permissions are set incorrectly or it
is not a directory at all)

First of all, my command line looks like this:

/usr/sbin/snort-postgresql -D -d -b -l /dev/null -i $INTERFACE -c
/etc/snort/snort.conf

The other option, i.e., using -N, still creates some files on the log directory:
is it due to the fact that I'm using -b and that by default snort uses -A full?
Would the following command make snort log only to the database?:

/usr/sbin/snort-postgresql -D -d -A none -N -i $INTERFACE -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Any help would be appeciated.
Thanks.