[Snort-users] writing to DB (only!)

Eduard San Anselmo Mateu esananselmo at ...6002...
Mon Dec 16 03:05:08 EST 2002

Hi everyone,
I think I can't get to understand the way snort stores information, i.e. output
plugins. The thing is that I would like snort to only store information in the
database (so I set the database output plugin with log(?)...), but I don't want
any information being written to a file (so I put -A none on the command line,
is it right?). Of course, the output database plugin is the only one I have
uncommented at the conf file, so snort should only log to the database, but I
get the message "WARNING: command line overrides rules file alert plugin", and
I've read that snort won't log to the database when this message shows up.
So what am I doing wrong? Could anyone point me to a doc where output plugins
are explained?
Thanks in advance.
Eduard