[Snort-users] New Trend: Intrusion Prevention

twig les twigles at ...131...
Fri Dec 13 12:27:06 EST 2002

I've seen a few of these for a couple years now, but
generally I run into the host-based ones.  Eeye makes
one for that retarded MS web server here:
http://www.eeye.com/html/Products/SecureIIS/index.html

I believe it intercepts kernel calls and blocks/passes
them, kinda playing middleman.  Not sure though.
Looks neat, but I don't see any silver bullet here
either; not unless you want to slap this type of thing
on your 500-5000 XP workstations too.