[Snort-users] DB ERROR

twig les twigles at ...131...
Thu Dec 12 07:44:05 EST 2002

Hehehe, I just had this one.  It seems that when you
connect to mysql via 127.0.0.1 you use a TCP port, and
when you use localhost you use a socket.  The socket
is faster and preferred, thus default.  It seems that
a config file of yours has 127... in it.

The quick and dirty way is to add the grant statement
for snort at ...7737..., but unless you have a specific
reason to use the 127 addy (my reason was using
stunnel) I would find that reference to it and change
it to 'localhost'.

=====