[Snort-users] W2K snort launch & halt

Serge Jorgensen lists at ...7728...
Wed Dec 11 11:03:03 EST 2002

I just ran into a problem with a Snort install on a clean W2K box -
everything seems to install fine (using WinPcap 2.3 and Snort 1.9), but on
even a basic snort -d -e -v I get an initial "Initializing.", then a
"Warning: OpenPcap() device \Device\Packet_NdisWanIp network lookup:" which
says it completes successfully, initializing snort, and the version
information. then nothing. I can Ctrl-C out of it, which gives the Snort
analyzed 0 out of 0 packets, and ends with a

Pcap_loop: read error: PacketReceivePacket failedpcapstats: PacketGetStats
error

Haven't seen this before - would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Serge