[Snort-users] any output plugin to resolve DNS address ?

Fabio TEK fabiotek at ...131...
Wed Dec 11 03:49:03 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm using snort simply to log http traffic on a
network in the alert_fast format.

This kind of output is enought for me, except I wish
two more field: URL of source and destination ip
address.

How can I obtain it in a simple manner  ( best
directly with an output plugin ) ?

I look in the mail archive and I see a loot of tool,
but I wish to avoid the installation of
webserver+PHP+MySQL+ACID and I' m a little confused:
any suggestion ?

Second question: any suggestion on how to split snort
log daily ?

I'm running snort either on a Linux Red Hat 7.3 and on
Windows.

Any suggestion will be appreciate, thanks in advance.

Fabio.