[Snort-users] mysql rotation script for alert storms

Steve Suehring snort at ...7160...
Tue Dec 10 06:54:02 EST 2002

Off the top of my head, (and realize that it's early in the morning for me
to be awake) you could do a 'select count(*) from event' or something.
Alternately, you could monitor the size of the tables or directory that
the database is stored in if your tables are MyISAM, that is.

Steve