[Snort-users] Problem with Snort 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL

m0use m0use at ...7653...
Mon Dec 9 16:38:06 EST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 06:57:59 +0800, Semerjian, Ohanes wrote
> when u say this not permissions issue which permissions u mean....!
> if u mean file then thats not what I'm trying to say. Any database
> has it own permissions and they r different from file permission and
> it dose not mater even if u were root. U still need to grant the
> root a database permission.

FYI recompiling from CVS fixed it.  It used the same database no problem.  I'm
very curious what the problem was since no permissions on the database were
changed.  Since i'm not going to use postgres after all on this project it was
really an excercise.  But hey everyones gotta have a hobby.

m0use