[Snort-users] Problem with Snort 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL

m0use m0use at ...7653...
Mon Dec 9 10:25:08 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:17:18 -0600 (CST), Demetri Mouratis wrote
> Ok, that sounds good.  The only other thing I can think of is that with
> ACID you need to "initialize" the database through the ACID front
> end for the first time.  You haven't mentioned ACID yet but the
create_postgresql
> is definitely connected with the ACID project.

I'm actually using a custom interface.  This is just the testing phase but I'm
using the ACID database structure for testing.  I think i'm going a different
route but it bugs me when the initialize doesn't work as in the howto.  Thats
what I get for using half of the suggested setup.  It looks like a flat
logfile is going to do it for me.  The speed of the databse is just killing me
for real time reporting, at least with mysql...

m0use