[Snort-users] Problem with Snort 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at ...3877...
Mon Dec 9 10:18:05 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, m0use wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:02:01 -0800 (PST), Erek Adams wrote
> > I think that Demetri meant the user created within the DB does not have
> > all of the permissions to access/change/delete what it needs.  Not
> > the *NIX user/username.
>
> Yes I got that.  I've checked permissions, every removed the database and
> recreated it as my "snort" user, doublechecked permissions, even inserted
> manually into the database using psql.  Yet initialization of snort still
> fails with the same error on the sensor_id insert.  Am i right to think that
> the permissions are ok if i can insert using psql as my "snort" user?  I've
> done this many many times with mysql so I understand where permissions could
> be a problem.  This does not seem to be the case here.
>

> m0use

Ok, that sounds good.  The only other thing I can think of is that with
ACID you need to "initialize" the database through the ACID front end for
the first time.  You haven't mentioned ACID yet but the create_postgresql
is definitely connected with the ACID project.

If you haven't configured ACID yet, there is still some work to do.
Follow Roman's howto on snort.org.

HTH.