[Snort-users] Problem with Snort 1.9.0 and PostgreSQL

m0use m0use at ...7653...
Mon Dec 9 10:14:10 EST 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:02:01 -0800 (PST), Erek Adams wrote
> I think that Demetri meant the user created within the DB does not have
> all of the permissions to access/change/delete what it needs.  Not
> the *NIX user/username.

Yes I got that.  I've checked permissions, every removed the database and
recreated it as my "snort" user, doublechecked permissions, even inserted
manually into the database using psql.  Yet initialization of snort still
fails with the same error on the sensor_id insert.  Am i right to think that
the permissions are ok if i can insert using psql as my "snort" user?  I've
done this many many times with mysql so I understand where permissions could
be a problem.  This does not seem to be the case here.

m0use