[Snort-users] Home_net & external_net

Don Don at ...5881...
Fri Dec 6 08:41:03 EST 2002

erek, what would be wrong with doing as I suggested, the having 3 subnets as
home_net, and only wanting to ignroe alerts from 2 of those 3 subnets, is
exactly why i have/use the trusted_net variable, which makes it where i can
add/subtract IP's from there as necessary, this allows both, home_net to
consist of all subnets, and allows the ability to gather alerts from the
subnet he wants alerts on. creating the trusted_net variable has saved me
lots of headeaches in stuff like this, where an IP is in my home_net and i
wish to have alerts from it, I also create the same type of variables for
trusted_smtp trusted_sql etc... so that just anything in home-net is not
automatically ignored when it comes to alerts from those type of services. I
also use a suspect_net variable that i can add IP's to. it helps narrowing
things down a bit.

don