[Snort-users] I find it odd that this product would not be supported for SMP win2k machines

Eric Joe sysop at ...6291...
Wed Dec 4 17:59:04 EST 2002

Tal,
Have you confirmed that this is indeed a problem with wincap on wintel
SMP? Although you stated you werent intending to slander Snort, it kinda
sounded like that in the latter parts of your email. I havent personally
used Snort on anything but Linux, be rest assured it works well, and at
least in Linux, it supports SMP just fine (I run it on a Quad Xeon box)
Honestly if you are set on running a lightweight IDS on Win32, and dont
want to buy a commercial product, I dont what other product you can use.
Now might be a good time to setup a nice Linux box.

Eric Joe

--
Eric Joe
Network Operations