[Snort-users] ACID Problems

download (Jim Prewett) download at ...7671...
Wed Dec 4 14:13:02 EST 2002

Hi Cory,

I just set up a very simular install on FreeBSD 4.7, snort 1.9, acid
0.9.6b21, php 4.2.3, and mysql 3.23.53.

Things were very strange indeed with the default setup.  Sometimes I
couldn't even access the acid index page (some ugly error about commands
being out of sync).  I also saw the same behaviour when searching (the
first page would honor my query parameters, subsequent pages would not).

The acid FAQ poined me to the solution!  It was that you had to turn
"register globals" on for php

I copied the default php.ini-dist in /usr/local/etc to php.ini and edited
it so that it would have the line 'register_globals = on' in it.  The faq
also said that it must contain 'register_argc_argv = On',  but that was
already there in the php.ini-dist file.

After I changed that and restarted apache, things work great.

Hope this helps,
Jim

\x83\xec\x0c\x31\xc0\x31\xd2\x68\x2f\x73\x68\x21\x68\x2f\x62\x69\x6e\x89\xe3
\x88\x43\x07\x50\x50\x53\x53\xb0\x3b\xcd\x80\x89\xf6  Don't forget FreeBSD!