[Snort-users] Access Denied when logging to MySQL database

Steve Suehring snort at ...7160...
Wed Dec 4 11:12:05 EST 2002

Depends on how you added the privileges.  If you used a grant <something>
statement then you don't have to flush privileges.

Anyway, to check what privileges a user has:

Connect to the mysql grants db as root or whatever and

show grants for user at ...780...;

In your example, it would be:

show grants for snort at ...3852...;

Also, just popped into my head.  The error message you're receiving... are
you trying to connect to a database by the name of mysql instead of a
database named snort?

Steve