[Snort-users] Access Denied when logging to MySQL database

twig les twigles at ...131...
Wed Dec 4 10:23:04 EST 2002

A couple things to check first are:
1. can you log in remotely via the command-line (ie
not thru snort)?  Use "mysql -u [user] -h [serverIP]
-p"

2. did you do a "flush privileges;" or restart the
server after you added the privileges?

3. There is a command in mysql that pops up everyone's
permissions and for the life of me I can't remember
what it is.  Ack.  Now I'll be thinking about this all
day.

=====