[Snort-users] snort NT install question

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Wed Dec 4 10:20:04 EST 2002

Pat,

It appears that you downloaded two different versions of Snort. Snort
with FlexRESP will require the libnetnt.dll to be installed if you want
to run that particular flavor of Snort. My suggestion would be to
install a non-FlexRESP version, if you don't require that feature.

-Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Pat Browne
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 8:35 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] snort NT install question

To whom it may concern:

This is my first post so please be gentle.

If this is not the appropriate forum to ask the following question,
please
point me in the right direction.

I downloaded and installed Snort-1.9.0-win32 to a Winddows 2000 machine
and
a Windows NT machine.

I downloaded and installed WinPcap_2_3 on each machine.

Snort runs on the Win2K box but the NT version complains it cannot find
libnetNT.dll.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance,

Pat