[Snort-users] Access Denied when logging to MySQL database

Zymophideth zymophideth at ...125...
Wed Dec 4 10:00:03 EST 2002

I'm following Steven J. Scott's Snort enterprise Implementation v2.0 and I'm
running into some hang-ups. When I start snort I get an error that says
"database: mysql: Access denied for user: 'snort at ...3852...' (Using
Password: YES) Fatal Error, Quitting...

Seems like a permissions issue, but I put in the accounts and all of that.
maybe I did it wrong? mysql daemon needs to be restarted?

I'm going off this manual word for word but it seems like there are a few
flaws in it here and there. Anyone have experience with it?