[Snort-users] Re: alert_full won't create subdirectories for ip addresses when mysql logging is enabled

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...652...
Mon Dec 2 14:34:03 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 15:04, Chris Green wrote:
> "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb at ...950...> writes:
> >
> > Probably.  Maybe Chris can update the docs. ;) Basically, it is just
> > an output plugin for the default logging method.
>
> Yeah I will update the docs. Didn't even know that there was a way to
> manually enable that.  Even more suprised that people are using it :^)

I use it and love it. I have a script that goes through the directory
tree and emails the alerts. That way I can look at the packet content in
email (Subject is the alert, open email to see the packet content).
Creates a ton of mail though :)

Frank