[Snort-users] is acid 0.9.6b22 missing reference for url sigs ?

jay.archibald at ...7650... jay.archibald at ...7650...
Mon Dec 2 12:28:32 EST 2002

I have recently installed ACID 0.9.6b22 and have noticed the same problem.
The reference for 'URL', 'BUGTRAC', 'CVE', 'ARACHNIDS' show up, but there is
no link created to the actual reference, just text.  The interesting thing
though is that 'SNORT' references have links and work fine, but they are the
only reference with a link.

I have installed acid three times with the same results.

The following is copied from my "acid_conf.php" file:

/* Signature references */
$external_sig_link = array("bugtraq"   =>
array("http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/", ""),
                           "snort"     =>
array("http://www.snort.org/snort-db/sid.html?sid=", ""),
                           "cve"       =>
array("http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=", ""),
                           "arachnids" =>
array("http://www.whitehats.com/info/ids", ""),
                           "mcafee"    =>
array("http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_", ".htm"),
                           "icat"      =>
array("http://icat.nist.gov/icat.cfm?cvename=", ""));

It appears that these links should be created, but again only the "snort"
links are the only ones being created.

If anyone can come up with a reason why, I am interested in a solution.  In
the meantime, I have found that I can go to SNORTCENTER and look up the rule
and get the link there.  It is just annoying to take those extra steps.

Regards

Jay Archibald