[Snort-users] Rules for version1.8.6

David Stubblefield dstubblefield at ...7643...
Mon Dec 2 06:20:57 EST 2002

Hello,

First off I am a newbie.  I am currently in an environment that is running Snort 1.8.6.  I have been asked to come up to speed on that system and then upgrade to the latest version.  So I am working on installing version 1.8.6 via the Snort Installation Manual - Snort, MySQL, Red hat 7.3.  I have downloaded and installed snort1.8.6 as well as MySQL client and dev rpm's.  Now I would like to download the signatures but all I see is signatures for 1.9.  Is it possible to get the signatures for 1.8.6 and if so where?  Also I am open to any and all suggestions regarding getting 1.8.6 up and running and then upgrading to the latest version.  Anyone's time and consideration regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
David Stubblefield