[Snort-users] greetings

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Thu Aug 29 10:54:03 EDT 2002

Hmm, they probably eliminated it because it's a CVS snapshot and people
were using it to update their snort installs :)

That rule tarball is not certain to be compatible with anything but the
latest CVS version of the code anyway, so if you want to run the latest CVS
rules, you should get them with the latest cvs code. ( snort-daily.tar.gz
should have both code and rules)

Try getting your signatures from here instead:
http://www.snort.org/dl/signatures/

if you're running a production (numbered release) of snort,
use  snortrules.tar.gz from there.. if you're using a beta,
snortrules-current is probably best.

(also be aware that in the snort world, all things "snapshot" are under
development and are not guaranteed to even compile, much less work
correctly, but usually do. Use at your own risk and don't be surprised when
they fail)