[Snort-users] mysql connectivity problem still there plz helpme

Joshua Rogers josh at ...6676...
Thu Aug 29 09:14:02 EDT 2002

Hi Bishan,
I have gotten a lot of help from this list, so maybe I can point you in the
right direction. Have you looked in /var/log/messages to see what error is
showing up? I found it usually has to do with the rules and the way the
snort.conf was configured by the end user (especially myself). Check there,
as it should give you some clues as to where the problem is.

Good Luck!
Joshua Rogers
Webmaster
InterPlanetary Web Services
303-940-2597
IBO# 60092

----- Original Message -----
From: "Always Bishan" <bishan58 at ...6743...>
To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>; <TheEagleSociety at ...2792...>
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 7:30 AM
Subject: [Snort-users] mysql connectivity problem still there plz helpme

> hello friends ,
>
>                   I tried without -A option but i am still getting the
same problem. I gave snort -c snort.conf and still it gives the same
error.... it says fatal error quitting... duplicate output keyword. WAt to
do. Do help me. Waiting for a prompt reply.

> regards,
>   Bishan
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 02:52:40 -0400
> From: TheEagleSociety at ...2792... (Night-Stalker)
> To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Cc: bishan58 at ...6743...
> Subject: [Snort-users] RE: mysql connectivity problem
>
> Hello Bishan,
>
> when starting Snort with support for MySQL, you cannot add the option -A.
You already set the output-type when you compiled snort with the
option --with-mysql=<path>.
> See snort --help
> You can only specify the option -A if you are loggin to the alert-file.
>
> Greetings
>
> Addy
>

> >Message: 12
> >From: "Always Bishan" <bishan58 at ...6743...>
> >To: <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> >Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:16:10 +0530
> >Subject: [Snort-users] mysql connectivity problem
> >
> >hello friends,
> >
> >         I am a new user of snort. I will be very happy if u solve this
>problem of mine. I get the folowing error after compiling and running the
>snort with mysql connectivity.
> >command i gave: snort -A fast -c snort.conf
> >output:INITIALIZING SNORT
> >       decoding ethernet on interface eth0
> >       initialing preprocessors!
> >       initializing plug ins!
> >       initializing output plug ins!
> >       error ( null) (0) => Duplicate output keyword
> >       fatal error quitting
> >

> >do give me a prompt solution.... waiting for ur reply urgently....plz do
>it now....
> >                      your friend,
> >                        Bishan
> >
> >Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at
>http://email.indiatimes.com

Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop at ...2793...!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://email.indiatimes.com

>  Buy Music, Video, CD-ROM, Audio-Books and Music Accessories from
http://www.planetm.co.in

> Change the way you talk. Indiatimes presents Valufon, Your PC to Phone
service with clear voice at rates far less than the normal ISD rates. Go to
http://www.valufon.indiatimes.com. Choose your plan. BUY NOW.