[Snort-users] Logfile access problem

S.M.Karthik karthik at ...6712...
Thu Aug 29 04:18:04 EDT 2002

Dear all,

1.I have finished installation of snort, when i want to test the IDS - Snort
running
RedHat linux machine, I am getting the log messages in /var/log/messages.
from command line.
But I wanted to make full use od ACID,webmin,MySql db,etc.., which I have
done soo much.
All those preliminary works are just to enable the Configuraion method
through webbrowser
or what?
I am not understanding!  How do I see the `Alert warning' messages in Web
browser?
Can any one help , or give me the right path from where I can get the Full
usage of Snort?

2.While Snort detects the forged IP Address at IDS (Linux) m/c, It is
showing the
Suspecious tcp packets and logs, But when is the root getting alert msg?

3.After Snort detects one like the Suspecious packet.,then it dies
automatically
even if we run in daemon mode! why it is happening so?
May i get any help from anyone?

With regards,
Karthik