[Snort-users] Installation problem with mysql

Dushyanth Harinath dushy at ...5318...
Thu Aug 29 01:01:08 EDT 2002

Hi ,

 * <security at ...6738...> wrote from a remote bunker :

> I'm trying to install snort on a linux box with Suse 8.0
>
> and i get the error "/usr/i486-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient"
>
> when i am running the configure script with the "-with-mysql" flag

> I have everything installed concerning mysql in Suse 8.0

Are you sure you installed the MySQL-devel rpm, iam not sure Suse has
the same RPM naming syntax as Redhat, but you can try the below commands..

#ldconfig -p|grep mysql

This shuld show you the libraries available, if there is no output then
you need to install the MySQL libraries.

HTH
dushyanth
--
Morpheus:hmmm... you think that's air that you're breathing now?

http://symonds.net/~dushy