[Snort-users] Problem with mysql?

Srijith.K srijith at ...2240...
Tue Aug 27 16:53:02 EDT 2002

> >:> I recently got around to upgrading my snort, and have come to a problem.
> >:>
> >:> Now I am using IDScenter to start and tweak snort, and it is
> >:> giving me the
> >:> following error I cannot find any documentation for....
> >:>
> >:> |> Database is down / SQL Query failed
>
> Well anyone have a suggestion how to correct this?

Make sure that MySQL is running. Is it is, maybe you can log into it as
root using
mysql -u root -p snort

and then do a 'show tables' to make sure that the snort database is setup
properly.

Regards,
Srijith.K
School of Computing
National University of Singapore
Singapore

-=[ Quote of the moment ]=-
Proof read carefully to see if you any words out.|

Get over 12,400 quotes/sigs at http://www.srijith.net/codes/