[Snort-users] ICMP Packets.

larosa, vjay larosa_vjay at ...3331...
Tue Aug 27 11:19:01 EDT 2002

This traffic is ICMP Echo Request, and an ICMP Echo Reply. It appears the
ICMP payload is identical in both packets. If this was really an image being
transferred does anybody know
if it is possible to reconstruct it? Thanks!

vjl

-----Original Message-----
From: larosa, vjay [mailto:larosa_vjay at ...3331...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 8:05 AM
To: 'Rich Adamson'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] ICMP Packets.

That's a good thought. This particular conversation is not between two hosts
on my network. I have seen it from several of my IP's talking to hosts some
where
out on the internet, but it might just be that the user is moving around and
getting
a new DHCP lease. I will have to try and nbtstat'em so I can track the MAC.

vjl