[Snort-users] Snort with Acid : Network

j jai.s at ...6716...
Tue Aug 27 08:10:05 EDT 2002

Hi,

Jeff:

> just out of curiosity, and possibly slightly OT, what does the "22" in
home net
> do?  i've only seen 8/16/24/32.  how would 22 work?

/22 is supernetting. 255.255.252.0

>What type of network layer device are you plugged into?? Sounds like you
>have snort plugged into a switch. Which would explain why you are only
>seeing traffic to/from the snort box.

All the switch are in cascade form. one switch is connected to other, there
is no vlan configured.

There are 3 switch ports 24 each, all the machine are connected with to
unstructured or unorganized ip address..
Which includes router, which is in one of the switch, the linux box with
snort is in suppose A Switch.

And my snort box, is not detecting portscan, from one machine to another,
which is in same switch

I think i have to place the snort in proper place, but i am not able to
figure out where ??