[Snort-users] ATTACK RESPONSES 403 Forbidden

Matt Yackley Matt.Yackley at ...5858...
Tue Aug 27 06:25:05 EDT 2002

Alwin, first few things that come to mind are:

Someone on the network went to a site that returned a 403 page.
What is your External_Net and Home_Net set to?
Can you post the alert in question or provide more detail....

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Alwin Raymundo [mailto:alrayworld at ...131...]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 7:01 AM
To: user snort
Subject: [Snort-users] ATTACK RESPONSES 403 Forbidden

Hi Guys,

I dont know if this already posted but again I need
your help about this Attack Response.

It showed on my database that I'm the one attacking
some server?, which is impossible.  I know this is
false positive alert.

Any idea and comment will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance brother in snort.

=====
Alwin Raymundo