[Snort-users] This is snort error

S.M.Karthik karthik at ...6712...
Mon Aug 26 23:43:02 EDT 2002

Hi,
This is the following error when I start Snort w/o -d option also.
after removing the file /var/lock/subsys/snort ,
if i start snort, also it dies when i look for the status.
What may be the problem?
as per the pdf document which Mr.SJScott wrote, I have installed
snort. But kindly let me know about the ownership and perms for
snort to run in perfect,

[root at ...6714... init.d]# ./snortd restart
Stopping snort:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting snort:                                            [  OK  ]
[root at ...6714... init.d]# ./snortd status
snort dead but subsys locked

With regards
Karthik