[Snort-users] (no subject)

S.M.Karthik karthik at ...6712...
Mon Aug 26 23:28:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

Probably you might not have created the username with password for
logging into Mysql db . Have u created tables?

ALso, as U said Snort runs w/o any problem after logging in.
have u checked up often the status :

#/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd status

checkup for "subsys lock" error.

In my case, I too used the same snort with the same mysql,webmin,ACID
etc.., My snort runs well as a Daemon, but not through the startup script.
by manual.

But through web browser , webmin, when I start, It throws error & refused to
start.

another thing, I am not getting any "log" , where do i checkup for ?
I am not finding anything in "/var/log/snort/*.log " files.
All are empty/.

How can i test snortd by doing IpSpoofing?

Do u have any idea?
Have u tried to do IPspoofing?

Mail me soon.

With regards,