[Snort-users] Snort on ACID Portscan problem

Uhte, Russ RussU at ...6702...
Mon Aug 26 09:23:06 EDT 2002

Problem solved thanks!!
-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Uhte, Russ [mailto:RussU at ...6702...]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 10:54 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort on ACID Portscan problem

Hello all,
I can't seem to get ACID to look at my portscan.log file.  I have the
statement

$portscan_file = "c:\snort\logs\portscan.log";

in the acid.conf file, however, when I view the site, and click portscan
traffic, nothing shows up... even when there is stuff in the portscan.log
file....

Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Russ

 <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/>
Russ Uhte, CCNA <http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/10/wwtraining/certprog/> ,
MCP <http://www.microsoft.com/mcp> , A+
<http://www.comptia.org/certification/aplus/index.htm>
Network Administrator
Richmond Power  <http://www.rp-l.com/> & Light
Parallax  <http://www.parallax.ws/> Systems Division
 <http://www.microsoft.com/mcp>

---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon
this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its
attachments from your computer system.

---

---