[Snort-users] Snort dies with no reason

Sergio Cristian Tognolotti stogno at ...6694...
Mon Aug 26 08:32:11 EDT 2002

Hi!

I've installed snort 1.8.6 on my UltraSPARC-IIi 440MHz with SunOS 5.8, gcc
2.95 and libgcc 3.1 (I compiled it with gcc 3.1 too). After some hours of
running smoothly (or at least that's what it seems) snort dies with no
apparent reason and it leaves no traces in my syslog. It's compiled with
mysql support. Did you get anyone else who had the same problem or am I the
first one ?

If you know of anyone else who had it and found a workaround for this,
please
let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Tognolotti