[Snort-users] Remote syslog server using snort.conf

Sandy Taylor lists at ...2694...
Sat Aug 24 20:14:02 EDT 2002

I have read through the manual and FAQ. I found how to log to a remote
syslog server at the command line and how to log to a syslog server on the
local machine.

 But  what I want to do is both log to a MySQL database and a remote syslog
server. Thusly, I have to use the snort.conf to log to both right? So, the
10k dollar question is how do I configure snort.conf to log to a remote
syslog server? Can I specify a port (other than the default)?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.