[Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

Jim Burwell jimb at ...6373...
Fri Aug 23 13:21:04 EDT 2002

At first the plotting didn't work for me either.  I read through the FAQ
once again and saw that "register_globals" had to be on in the php.ini
file (something I should have remembered from when I read it the first
time, before I started the project).  This setting is off by default.
 If this isn't on, ACID appears to work, but many things are broken,
such as the 'next' buttons when looking through a list of packet logs,
the page buttons, the back button, etc.  It also turns out that the plot
functionality needs this too.  Once this was on, plotting worked.

Well.  It drew graphs.  But didn't ever seem to really plot what I
wanted or specified.  Havn't had time to really look into this to see
whether it's just the 'beta' nature of the plot function, or whether yet
something else is broken in my PHP :-).

- Jim