[Snort-users] Snort, php, MySQL and acid showing no activity

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Aug 23 13:12:02 EDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Joshua Rogers wrote:

> Ok, I ran 'nmap -v -sS -O <server ip>' on the snort machine and on another
> server. Both tests did not show up in the acid console and nothing in the
> MySQL db. There is also nothing showing up in the portscan log file. I am
> guessing I missed something in the setup.

Hrm...  Sounds like a config issue with snort.

Try this:

	*  Verify that snort is working.  'snort -vade' should show traffic on
your network.
	*  Check your snort.conf.  Check HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET, to be sure
they are set for the correct ranges.
	*  If the MySQL host and snort host are different, make sure you can
connect from one to the other.

Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams