[Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

Randy Bey Randy.Bey at ...6683...
Fri Aug 23 08:28:05 EDT 2002

>Here's the "configure" line I had to
>use to get PHP working:
>
>./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/apache/bin/apxs --with-gd
>--enable-sockets --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib
>--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib
>--with-xpm-dir=/usr/local/lib
>
>It's a good days work if you're completely unfamiliar with PHP as I was

>:-).  Good luck.
>
>- Jim

Gee, wish I had read this a couple days ago. My experiences exactly,
except I also added (for superstition sake MTA) --with-zlib since the
php configure output found the zlib library but said it would NOT use
zlib, apparently since I didn't specifically tell it to.

The other caveat I would mention is the jpeg libraries have a crappy
installer part, and you will have to manually copy the .h files to your
/usr/local/include, and the .a file to /usr/local/lib.

Other than that, and my continual inability to get phplot to work in
ACID, although it's test thingie works, is where my head is at right
now.