[Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

HenkP at ...6678... HenkP at ...6678...
Fri Aug 23 00:50:03 EDT 2002

I am a newcomer to this list, and my first impressions are not very
positive. It seems certain people are more interested in flaming than
actually helping.
Suggestion - maybe you should just reply to someone with a oneliner that
links to the URL for "howto ask the right questions" instead of pulling
people apart.
I thought the object of the list was to help people... If the questions is
one that offends, then rather ignore it, reacting in this way causes a lot
of responses from everyone about isuess that has got nothing to do with
snort... Like this mail of mine, I have better things to do, than to write
this email.

Someone commented about a "meer cat" its actually spelled "meerkat" and if
you know the Lion king story it would seem that Timone the "meerkat" is the
friend of Pumba - the PIG...snort.. snort snort.

Regards

Henk Pretorius

                    twig les <twigles at ...131...>
                    Sent by:                            To:     bbevers at ...1964...,
                    snort-users-admin at ...635...        snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                    eforge.net                          cc:
                                                        Subject:     RE: [Snort-users] installing acid on
                                                         fbsd4.6 for meer mortals
                    2002/08/23 06:39 AM

Wow, this is the first flame war I've seen on this
list.  And I still don't know what part of my guide
caused the problem, hahaha.

=====