[Snort-users] Snort, php, MySQL and acid showing no activity

Joshua Rogers josh at ...6676...
Thu Aug 22 15:29:02 EDT 2002

Hi,
I do not know what information will be helpful in showing me how to track
down a problem on my system, but here goes. I am running:
Red Hat Linux 7.3 with the latest updates
PHP 4.2.1, register globals=on
Apache 1.3.26
MySQL 3.23.39
GD 1.6.2
The latest acid
BCMath

I followed the great doc on setting up snort-rh7-mysql, from the snort
website. I had to make a few changes since I am running 7.3 and did not have
all of the drive space shown in the doc. Somewhere along the line I think I
missed something. Snort and MySQL seems to be running, the acid interface
comes up fine with no errors but there is no data that shows up in the
database or in the acid interface.
What information would you need to help point me in the right direction to
get snort recording data?

Thanks,
Joshua Rogers
Webmaster