[Snort-users] Replying conventions

Eric Joe sysop at ...6291...
Thu Aug 22 14:11:04 EDT 2002

> In any event, sounds like it's more or less a moot point and this
> thread  should die off. If someone has any good reason why such a reply
> format  would be of detriment to the list as a whole, and not just the
> duplicated  author, I encourage them to post it, but it sounds like
> everyone else has  no better ideas about this than I do. :)

Honestly, I cant think of a good reason, the author and the list should be
copied on the note separately. If you subscribe to the list, then
obviously you will get any message sent to the list. Why get 2 copies?
It also escapes me why clicking reply to a message on the list sends back
to the original poster (by default) and not the snort list. Its very easy
to forget to CC the list in this circumstances. 99% of the other lists I
subscribe to are not this way.
All that said, this list is by far the most responsive list I subscribe
to. Anytime I have posted a question, I have gotten an answer, and in
short time. Very impressive. Keep up the good work  ;)
--
Eric Joe
Network Operations