[Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

pat hobo at ...1936...
Thu Aug 22 13:40:04 EDT 2002

John,
Personal Insults are not a part of this board and are a reflection of your
personal character.

Take Care

-----Original Message-----
From: John Sage [mailto:jsage at ...2022...]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 3:09 PM
To: pat
Cc: 'snort-users'
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

Let's see how we can be our own worst enemy:

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 12:44:17PM -0400, pat wrote:
> Does anybody known---- exactly----- how to do this or can anybody
recommend
> another mgr product that meer mortals can install.

strike one

> I have tried the doc on
> snort...it can not possible be correct.... maybe in theory only but not in
> practice. Something is missing from that doc.

strike two

> I can not get php4, gd2,
> phplot to work with each other and I have not bother to go any further. I
> have scoured the internet and it seems lots of people are have all sorts
of
> issues trying to get this installed and working.

Funny. I don't recall it being a big issue on this list.

> Does anybody have detailed
> install instructions that do in deed work for 4.6 or 4.5 fbsd that they
are
> willing to share.

strike three

> Otherwise does anybody know of another mgr product that
> dummies and meer mortals can install within there lifetime.

you're out

> Acid is burning a hole in my brain

Yeah, well, drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

ps: Here's a tip:

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."

PGP key:     http://www.finchhaven.com/pages/gpg_pubkey.html
Fingerprint: C493 9F26 05A9 6497 9800  4EF6 5FC8 F23D 35A4 F705

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.