[Snort-users] installing acid on fbsd4.6 for meer mortals

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Thu Aug 22 12:09:23 EDT 2002

Let's see how we can be our own worst enemy:

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 12:44:17PM -0400, pat wrote:
> Does anybody known---- exactly----- how to do this or can anybody recommend
> another mgr product that meer mortals can install.

strike one

> I have tried the doc on
> snort...it can not possible be correct.... maybe in theory only but not in
> practice. Something is missing from that doc.

strike two

> I can not get php4, gd2,
> phplot to work with each other and I have not bother to go any further. I
> have scoured the internet and it seems lots of people are have all sorts of
> issues trying to get this installed and working.

Funny. I don't recall it being a big issue on this list.

> Does anybody have detailed
> install instructions that do in deed work for 4.6 or 4.5 fbsd that they are
> willing to share.

strike three

> Otherwise does anybody know of another mgr product that
> dummies and meer mortals can install within there lifetime.

you're out

> Acid is burning a hole in my brain

Yeah, well, drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

ps: Here's a tip:

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."

PGP key:     http://www.finchhaven.com/pages/gpg_pubkey.html
Fingerprint: C493 9F26 05A9 6497 9800  4EF6 5FC8 F23D 35A4 F705