[Snort-users] help installing

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Wed Aug 21 10:25:04 EDT 2002

you need to run ./configure before make. Welcome to the world of autoconf
tarballs.. the configure script goes through and finds your C compiler,
determines what headers you have, what standard library functions are
present, etc etc, then sets up the makefile and an include file accordingly.

This helps snort build on a variety of different *nix systems will
different standard libraries and compilers.